AP1 Multicopter Control Unit – Q & A
(1) Press power button momentarily to check remaining battery level.
(2) Check if battery plug is connected properly.
(3) Check for proper connection between AP1 and PCU.
(1) Check for any abnormalities in power source. Verify connection between AP1/PCU/Receiver are correctly connected.
(2) Check for correct receiver type selection in configuration interface.
(3) NOTE: AP1 must remain stationary, and will start properly only after system initialization is completed.
(1) Initial acquisition time will be longer for first time power ups.
(2) Satellite signal will be weaker in urban area with highrise or other obstacles. Ideal location should be an open field free of magnetic interferences.
(3) If 10 or less satellites were acquired, LED warning light will be displayed and GPS functions will not activate.
(4) Please refer to the satellite acquisition table to determine satellite reception status.
Connection between motor and ESC did not follow proper color coding, or direction switch on ESC set incorrectly.
Check the ESC signal wires are connected to correct ports on AP1.
(1)Check and ensure D/R (Dual Rate) function is not configured on transmitter.
(2)Check if stick calibration was done. Go to the configuration program and run the stick calibration again.
Check for proper balance on CG point. Adjust the battery or gimbal position to achieve proper CG balance.
(1)Check for proper AP1 Multicopter GPS Sensor location configuration in configuration program.
(2)Check for proper balance on CG point. Adjust the battery or gimbal position to achieve proper CG balance.
Increase the gain value under attitude mode.
Adjust the stopping power parameter in program interface to increase or decrease accordingly.
Increase the rudder gain value under manual and attitude mode.
Increase the elevator and aileron gain under attitude and GPS modes.
(1)Check if signal wire from motor arm assembly is plugged in backwards.
(2)Open the motor mounting pod to see if ESC signal wire is detached.
Check power is connected to gimbal, and also ensure power cable between PCU and gimbal is properly connected.
(1)Check for excessive vibration on airframe and eliminate the vibration source.
(2)Use an appropriate damper.
(3)Check if gimbal motors are oscillating, then lower the P gain and Power values.
Please make sure to read below importance carefully to prevent any serious damaged:Please make sure to read below importance carefully to prevent any serious damaged:
(1)Magnetometer Calibration：Please do perform magnetometer calibration before starting each flight to secure precise locking position to prevent any damage or accident happened to multicopter, such as drift, lost GPS positioning…etc.
(2)Receiving range of transmitter and receiver checking：During flight, please make sure to pay attention for receiving range of your own transmitter and receiver to keep airframe safety from long distant flying.
(3)GPS satellite reception：When power on before taking off, please make sure the GPS signal is acquired, the LED turns to flash/green. The GPS reception will be changed and interfered by temperature, obstacle…etc, so please be aware of GPS reception during flying.